Who We Are
In 2008 four members of the Alpha Board invited interested people to join and pray for a spirit filled revival in the Catholic Church. Four weeks later we were moved by the Holy Spirit to form a community and in May 2009 we called ourselves New Springtime Community and chose the buttercup, a symbol of springtime as our logo.
New Springtime is a community who actively respond to the great commission of Jesus and the Catholic Church’s call for a New Evangelisation. We do this through gatherings, teachings, prayer, worship and courses.
New Springtime is a community who actively respond to the great commission of Jesus and the Catholic Church’s call for a New Evangelisation. We do this through gatherings, teachings, prayer, worship and courses. We will, with the help of the Holy Spirit, engage in evangelisation ourselves, as well as teaching, training and equipping others who also desire to evangelise those who have not yet developed an intimate personal relations with Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
All Donations Welcome
We invite you to support our New Evangelisation mission.
We can and must believe, with the late Pope John Paul II that God is preparing a new springtime for Christianity.
But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed.
You will receive power when the holy spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses.
All of us are called to mature in our work as evangelisers. We want to have better training, a deepening love, and a clearer witness to the gospel.
God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- Fostering unity of mind and heart and resolving conflicts as soon as they arise
- Rooting our activities in the word of God, regular periods of personal and communal prayer, faith sharing and celebration of the Eucharist
- Accepting into the community, members of other churches who share our vision
- Being willing to contribute, according to our ability, to the financial needs of the community
- Cooperating with the local church, especially with bishops, priests and other religious leaders.
- Provide our own members with appropriate training in various aspects of the new evangelisation
- Contribute to the formation of clergy – with a view to facilitating effective evangelisation in their parishes
- Put on practical courses that will teach lay people about the nature, motives and means of engaging in the new evangelisation
- Conduct an annual Summer School
- Conduct research that would progress the new evangelisation – and publish written and electronic resource materials
- Encourage intercessors to pray on our behalf that we may be delivered from all evil and empowered to proclaim the Good News effectively. Fostering unity of mind and heart and resolving conflicts as soon as they arise
Meet the Team