The New Springtime Community invite you to attend an online webinar entitled
“OVERCOMING ANXIETY: A PSYCHO-SPIRITUAL APPROACH”
on Saturday, 3rd December 2022
In 1947 poet D H Auden published his iconic poem, The Age of Anxiety. Not only is anxiety a characteristic of the age in which we live, for many people it has intensified since the advent of Covid. The word is derived from the Latin angere, “to choke or cause distress.” Anxiety, therefore. is a response to a sense of generalised threat which usually has no specific focus. It is evoked by everything in general and nothing in particular. According to St Francis de Sales, “With the single exception of sin, anxiety is the greatest evil that can happen to a soul.”
In this webinar, Paul Daly and Ronan Johnson, both of whom are Christian psychotherapists, together with Pat Collins CM will not only look at some psychological causes and effects of anxiety, one of which is that it holds people back from evangelising. The speakers will propose natural and spiritual ways of overcoming it and thereby living with greater equanimity in accord with the manifest will of God.
Speakers and Topics
- Paul Daly will look at causes of anxiety/panic attacks and ways of managing and reducing both.
- Ronan Johnson will describe some common roots of unhealthy anxiety.
- Pat Collins CM, a spiritual writer, will indicate how anxiety can be overcome by standing on the inspired and inspiring word of God.
There will be three different online sessions which will include prayer to overcome anxiety:
- 10.30 – 12.00 noon Speaker: Ronan Johnson
- 2.00 – 3.30 pm Speaker: Paul Daly
- 4.00 – 5.30 pm Speaker: Pat Collins CM
There are no reviews yet.