Course Two: The Apostles Creed
Dates: This course will begin on Tuesday September 14th and will run until Tuesday 14th December 2021 and resume on Tuesday 11th January until 25th January 2022.
Time: 7.30 – 9.00 PM
Fee: 35 euro
Thank you for registering for the course we will send you the Zoom link 7-days before the course starts if you did not received email Zoom link text or call 0894490683
In par 18 of his Apostolic Exhortation on Catechesis, St John Paul II said, “catechesis is an education of children, young people and adults in the faith, which includes especially the teaching of Christian doctrine imparted, generally speaking, in an organic and systematic way, with a view to initiating the hearers into the fullness of Christian life.” In this catechetical course, Fr Swan will examine the Apostles Creed, line by line, as an ancient and basic statement of the Christian faith. In 2005 he published a book, Creed of Love: Reflections on the Apostle’s Creed (Dublin Veritas, 2006). This will be the recommended textbook for the course. Here is a list of the topics to be covered.
1. Where to begin: God loved us first
2. Faith: Our response to God
3. ‘I believe in One God, The Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth’
4. And in Jesus Christ his Only Son Our Lord’
5. He was conceived by the Power of the Holy Spirit and Born of the Virgin Mary’
6. ‘He Became Man’
7. ‘I Believe in One Lord Jesus Christ who suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, Died and was Buried’
8. ‘He Descended into Hell’
9. ‘On the Third Day He Rose Again
10. ‘He Ascended into Heaven and is Seated at the Right Hand of the Father
11. ‘From Thence He shall Come to Judge the Living and the Dead’
12. ‘I Believe in the Holy Spirit’
13. ‘I Believe in the Holy Catholic Church’
14. ‘I Believe in the Communion of Saints’
15. ‘I Believe in the Forgiveness of Sins’
16. ‘I Believe in the Resurrection of the Body’
17. ‘I Believe in Life Everlasting’
Fr. Billy Swan is a priest of the Diocese of Ferns, Ireland. He holds a degree in chemistry and worked for a number of years for a pharmaceutical company before entering Fr. Billy Swan is a priest of the Diocese of Ferns, Ireland. He seminary. Ordained in 1998, he served for four years as an associate pastor before further studies in Rome where he was awarded a Licentiate and Doctorate in Systematic Theology from the Gregorian University. He served for four years as the Director of Seminary Formation at the Pontifical Irish College, Rome. He is currently the ADM in Wexford. He has a deep interest in the relationship between faith and science, the New Evangelization, early Irish Christianity and priestly formation. He is the author of a number of books the most recent of which is Love Has a Source (Maynooth: St Paul’s, 2020).